Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Un día agridulce

Last minute errands. Stuffing my backpack again. Finalizing plans. The day has come.

And so it goes.

I have been waiting for this moment for over half a year, and yet I still cannot quite come to terms with it. Ever since the first trip we took to Rivadavia, I always wanted to stay longer, learn more, live amongst those who so many reject or simply forget. Most of my friends from down here think it's crazy that my dream was to come all the way from the United States to live in a place so desolate. But it was my dream, and it is at long last coming true.

I am excited, and I am afraid. Leaving a comfortable place is never easy, especially when on the other end there is a sea of unknowns and expectations. But I am jumping in. And after all, I am not going alone.

So I say an unsure farewell. But if all goes well and I can continue to keep in contact with you all, this good-bye will have been unnecessarily melodramatic and I will have to apologize for it :) Chau, amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment